This is Awful!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39419543/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?gt1=43001

This poor guy commits suicide after his roommate records and put shis sex encounter on the internet. makes me sick to my stomach..this could have been avoided if the roommate and friend had a heart at all!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree! From what I understood he was gay. Maybe he hasn't fully "come out" yet and was embarassed. So sad...
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It is sad,
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• They should be trying this as a hate crime - from the roommate's Twitter post, it sounds like he was disgusted with the behavior. This is so tragic, I hope those students get more than a slap[ on the wrist, but it sounds like the penalty for invasion of privacy and distribution aren't that harsh.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would agree that this is a hate crime, totally wrong thing to do to anyone.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's horrible, they said on the news that they were treating it as a hate crime.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The people who did it should be imprisoned for life.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That is horribly sad, and it makes me angry for him. I hope the guy suffers a horrible life.
    Autumnmom24

Answer by Autumnmom24 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it should be tried as a hate crime. Doing something like that to anyone is far more than just hateful ~ it takes a sick and twisted mind to even think about doing something like that.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That's bad, but I don't see any reason for the suicide the guy had to have had other issues. He should have been getting help. The roommate is around enough he should have noticed that. So that is the only fault I see of the roommate when it comes to the suicide the other thing is more just being a shitty friend, Honestly I have sex videos of me on the net thanks to some shitty friends yes including drunken same sex. I haven't killed myself. I was suicidal for a long time but for entirely different reasons.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with hate crime!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010