I recently moved, do i need to update the address on my passport or is it still considered valid?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Travel

• Think about it this way: if you update for your bills, why not your passport, too?
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• update
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I googled this, and it appears that a US passport doesn't have an address. Other countries do have rules and procedures. It looks as though Canadians can change their address online, for example. So I'd suggest google.

Answer by Bmat at 10:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't have an address on my passport .... I've moved a few times, and my passport is still valid. I've never submitted any sort of change of address form to them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes. You do need to update it. Even if they don't write you and tell you, you should still update it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Mine doesn't list my address and I never updated anyone about it when I moved and it still works fine.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You have a page that you write your address on if your using an American passport. They recommend using pencil so you can change it easily but otherwise you can cross out the old and write your new one in. You do not need to notify the government of your address change though. Other countries that list the address in the passports biographical data page need to be officially changed and updated.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 3:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yah, what they said, lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think that it is still valid, but I think you are safer just updating it. Rather safe than sorry.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Update.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2010