Help again with MIL

My son is starting to take a few steps here and there, and my MIL has been working with him to walk, but its almost like she is trying to force him to do it. Should I say something or let it slide? All opinions are welcome ladies :)

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• As long as she's not making him upset, I see no harm in it. Let her have some fun with her grandson. :) But if she is frustrating him or making him upset, I would say something to her.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Let it slide! How old is he? When he's ready to walk, he'll walk! Her forcing him is not helping.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'd say ANYTHING you're not comfortable with should be addressed. Nobody knows your child like you do and I always follow my maternal instinct. If you think she's forcing him, she probably is.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wonder if it is just a problem between you and her and not really a problem with your child.
    If his legs are strong and she makes a game of it. Let it be. She is probably doing what she did with your husband and her other children and she feels it is her role to help.
    There are so many more important things you could be upset about.
    Like she did not want to be near your baby.
    She loves him. Let her show it in her way.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• At least you MIL wants to be around her grandchild. My MIL has not seen or spoken to my 2 boys since the beginning of last year (09).
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If it really makes you uncomfortable, say something. My MIL thinks she has free run of our lives now because I didn't say anything for too long.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• As long as it's not hurting your son, it's fine. He'll walk when he's ready, no matter what grandma does.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think almost every mom tries to assist their child in walking when they start showing interest. As long as she's not making him feel obligated or trying to do more then he's able to now she's okay. As far as I see it. If you're uncomfortable with it then mention it, but I think it doesn't need to be said.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If your uncomfortable with it say something. That's your child not hers.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would let it slid. Some MIL can be way worse then that.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010