Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you let the post office know that you've moved and need to forward your mail?

Answer Question

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 15 (1,979 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • either online t their website, t costs a dollar though, or at your new or old post office you fill out a form. That way is free and you get a bunch of coupons too

    Answer by lasombrs at 10:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Pick up a form that you fill out and turn in to your post office. You can check online in case you can do it that way, but the only way I've done it is to go get the form from the post office.

    Answer by Bmat at 10:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • go in and ask for a form to forward your mail....

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • You may be able to do it online, but I always go to the post office, they have a change of address card for you to fill out, with cards to send to any important companies as well. I think they will forward for up to a year.

    Answer by ohwrite at 10:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Agree with above poster. Or have your mailman bring you a change of address form next time he comes.

    Answer by mamaada at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • You go in and fill out a change of address form. Or you may be able to do it online.

    Answer by Kword at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • i thought i could just pick up a form at the post office this time but they say it's all online now. Doesn't hurt to drop in and check though.

    Answer by keisha613 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • They have a form you can fill out. It's really useful. If you want to list people individually and have a blanket form for the last name, use two forms. We didn't do this once and some of our mail didn't forward.

    Once you've moved, start telling the companies about the move because forwarding service doesn't last forever.

    Answer by tyheamma at 10:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Go to the post office where you lived previously and they have a form you can fill out.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • There are change of address packets at the back of the post office (inside) They are looking like an envelope and ave deals in there for you as well. If you dont see it ask them for the Change of adress packets are.

    Answer by pumpkindreams at 12:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.