What would you have done ?

yesterday i was taking a walk... I passed a yard and heard kids yelling and crying.... I looked over and seen a little boy on top of another little boy BEATING HIM UP...and 3 other little boys watching and "cheering him on" ... it was obvious it wasnt play becuase the little boy on the ground was crying and had a little bit of blood on his lip.... I yelled at the other boys, and helped the other one up and was talking to him when this loud mouth lady came out of the house ( that the boys went into) ..yelling at me that I have no right to tell her kids what to do or to come into her yard..and I was like" they were beating up this boy" She said no they were playing and I said " is that why is he crying and bleeding" ... the boy told me he lived down the street so I was going to walk him home.. the woman started screaming that she was going to call the policea dn I told her to do it ( but they didnt show up so i doubt she did) .

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I took him home and told his older sister what happened 9 she was the only one home) and i even left my name and phone number so they can call and I could tell them what happened....but they never called ... but I think I did the right thing.... right?
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have done the sam ething! Except I would have called the police on that crazy lady and let her explain to the police why she thinks it's okay for her kid to beat up another!!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You did well.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have done the same thing, good for you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have done the same thing and maybe even have called the police myself! lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have done the same, only I would have contacted the police myself. That's insane to let your kids beat up someone in the front yard. Good grief, another one of those people who shouldn't be reproducing.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good Job! Not many people would've stopped to help the kid. Most people think "Someone else will step in", but nobody ever does. you did a great job! I commend you for taking action!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You did well! Its insane that the woman didnt want you interfering and thought beating up a child is "playing".
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes, great job momma! :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. I would also have called the police. Let's see if they think this was friendly playing.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010