Period like symptoms but no period??

I am 3 1/2 weeks postpardum and I am exclusively breastfeeding. I have bad cramping, bloating, moodiness, and other normal period like symptoms, but no bleeding. There is some mucus but no blood. Is this normal? anyone else experience this?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably still just hormones from the birth and everything... you're still in the very early post-pardum, nothing should be "normal" right now quite yet.

If your baby were older, it could be like a phantom period. That happens sometimes with breastfeeding moms. Some of the symptoms, but no actual bleeding.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 10:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• if it helps, with my other two children I got my period 3 weeks post pardum but I formula feed them and it was a normal period
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's just PP hormones. It's not uncommon for nursing moms. It happened to me several times. I would feel like i was going to start, then he would nurse like crazy and I never started. (This happened even after my first pp period.) Crazy things those hormones do to us :)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010