my hubby thinks he's the only one thats life has changed...

Ever since we had our baby, my husband has been doing better at being at home but still goes out ALOT to hang out with friends and drink, etc. I never get to go out, and when i say anything to him about what he's doing or did he gets mad. I am starting to resent him for this, he wasn't the only one that "gave up" a piece of his used to be life when we had our son. How can I get him to understand that I need some me time too and he really needs to step up and take care of our son so I can hang out with the girls or anything of the like?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Just do it! Plan a night out with the girls. Let him know in advance that you have plans and need him to watch the baby for a bit. Be sure to let him know ahead of time so he can't say you didn't give him enough time or that he's already got plans.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You need to communicate with him exactly how you are feeling. Tell him you understand he needs that "man" time and you don't mind as long as he is understanding and willing to step up and give you "YOU" time! Atleast once a week!! Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would try and approach it differently. Instead of trying to make him feel guilty (like yelling at him bc he got to get out and you didn't), ask him if he had a good time, listen to him and how he feels, and let him know that you understand that he needs to get out every now and again. Then, let him know that you need the same thing. Plan ahead of time to go out with friends and let him know that you are doing it and that he will be watching the baby. It doesn't hurt to "ask" him if that's ok. lol. Just to make him think it's his idea. hahaha. That way, you both get to get out and do something, which everyone needs every now and then. Good luck. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When he gets home from whatever night out say, Ok, I'm going out tomorrow. No discussion. Be here and ready to take the baby."

And then go.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• tell him how you feel & make plans ahead tell him your going out & you want him to watch the baby
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Just do it. Plan a night with the girls and tell him "Hey I'm going out, I need you to take care of our son." And don't take "No" for an answer.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Sweetie,pick a night that you want to go out and then go out and have a good time.Have a babysitter all set up and if he doesn't like it, that is on him.Have you tried to go out with him sometimes?You need some "you" time.And if he doesn't like it,then he's not a very grown up man.Have a good time mama!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 11:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Hire a baby sitter. Your husband is refusing to acknowledge that you need some time to yourself as well. If it was left up to him, he'd probably have you in the house all day with your child without helping out at all. Do you really want this for the rest of your life. Sometimes, you have to put your foot down and do what needs to be done without his permission or acceptance.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010