Costume Suggestions??

Hi ladies!! In a few weeks my son(who is 5) is going to be a part of a costume party with the theme as dressing up as someone from another country or around the world type thing. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Momofboys22

Asked by Momofboys22 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Turn it into a learning experience. Ask your son to pick a country he would like to learn about and then find out the traditional dress from that area. To make it even more interesting, try a new recipe from that culture too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That's hard. He could be from India, like Aladin, from Germany with the leather shorts (lederhosen), an eskimo, a gondola driver from Venice with the black striped shirt and hat, from Mexico with a sombrero...
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Lots of cartoons he already watches have characters that aren't in America. Madagascar themed costumes would be cute. Mulan. Alladin. Have him name his favorite characters you might be surprised what works with that theme!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• do you know what you are?

example, my family is part scottish, and my nephew wore a kilt costume for halloween last year sort of in honor of his heritage.

So I would stick with something you are sort of proud of.

English: (red coats)
    French: napoleon
    Irish: Celtics
    Scottish: Kilts (like braveheart)
    Etc.
    Research some of the history with your son, and go from there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010