Toddlers, food, and dogs

Does your toddler throw food to your dogs?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 10:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw no, I don't think they ever threw it. But my parents dogs and my inlaws dogs always stayed close by my kids when they were toddlers, especaily when they were eating lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We don't have dogs, and they still do it! lol. "Why are you throwing food in the floor, Madison?" ........"It's for the dogs." or "I'm feeding the ducks." lol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes. And the dog waits for it. And then I have to clean her (the dog) face and head because she's covered in cheeseburger pie.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• LOL! Well at least I am not alone! Mys on thinks it's hilarious! He will throw their dog food to them too, LOL!
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My mother in law caught one of my children taking a bite of their food, then handing a piece to their dog lol, So my kids DID share, I just took the term "throw" litteral lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• LOL, Zakysmommy my son does literally throw the food at them, so yeah I was being literal but asking if they just shared food too, LOL!
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes and hands it to them, and leaves it on the floor knowing they will come later... its a pain at grammies, I have to keep telling them they dont have a dog for a vaccum
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My in-laws' dog camps out underneath my son's chair when he's eating because she knows it's the best place to get food :) He loves to feed her - he thinks it's hilarious when she takes food from his hand. My in-laws don't mind either because if my son happens to drop food on the floor, they don't have to clean it up! The dog does it for them! LOL
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He has, or she's jumped up trying to get it from him. Both are reasons we keep her crated when he eats.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I really spent a lot of time informing our kids that table food for the dog wasn't good for her. I told them that it was their job to help me make sure she didn't get ANY table food. They took the responsibility very seriously - so much so that when my father gave our dog a "little treat" of some sliced ham, my younger son was very upset. It's funnier because my dad is a vet - and it was he who taught me not to give pets table scraps!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010