Helping 3 yr old to not wet to bed

Our daughter is potty trained Although she still has accidents at night. I try to limit her intake of drink and she will go potty once before we read and try again after we read. If she wakes up in the middle of the night I make her get up to go. But if she sleeps all night or depending on what time she wakes at night she already wet the bed. The longest she has gone in a row that we know of with out wetting is 5 days she got 5$ for 5 nights I tried the wiz of oz toys at mcd as reward that worked but not every night. Stickers they dont work, candy doesn't work If she can do 5 nights in a row isn't she strong enough to do that every night? She will wake up and argue with you that she did not wet to bed perhapse she is dreaming that she gets up?

Prrecious

Asked by Prrecious at 8:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I put pull ups on my son at night because he is still too little to know to get up and go to the bathroom and he is 4 . You could set your alarm and take her yourself during the night until she gets used to it . When they are that little they might be scared to go potty at night . goo dluck
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 9:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• well my son is 3 and i jus started to let him sleep in his underwear at night i dont give him anything to drink 2 hours before bed and i make sure he pees before he goes too. he gets up sometimes at night to use the bathroom and sometimes he doesnt. but i wouldnt really worry because they are still a little too young to know to get up and pee when they are sleeping. i say buy some pull ups so u wont have to keep washing sheets.
    ARMYWiFEnSAHM

Answer by ARMYWiFEnSAHM at 11:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My best advice is just to use pullups (along with making her go before bedtime and limiting liquids after supper, etc) until accidents almost never happen. She really isn't doing it to make you mad or embaress you. The less of a deal you make of it now, the better it will be in the long run. I have potty trained 3 kids and 2 of them still have accidents while sleeping while the other - who was the hardest to train during the day - has no issues at night. In hind sight, I realized that my oldest slept through the night at 2 wks. My second child - who is trained at night - still rarely sleeps through the night at 5 years old. My 3rd child is also a very sound sleeper. Not a whole lot I can do until their bladders grow enough to allow them to make it all night.
    pennyfred

Answer by pennyfred at 1:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008