Was i wrong in calling him?

Well my ds has been asking for his biological father for the past month, dead beat isnt in the picture,i have been telling my son that he is working far away and when he can he will call him.Its getting to the point to where my ds has been crying to me for him, so i tell my therapist& she says go ahead call him , let him know his son is looking for him& see what his father says, so i do he doesnt answer so i leave him a message, i havent had a call back, now im thinking to myself why did u call him, u sort of knew maybe he wouldnt answer but i had hopes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• i think you need to be honest with your son. Tell him you dont know what his dad is doing. That you left a msg and he hasnt called back. It is best for your son to be told the truth in a kind and compassionate way. When he asks why isnt he calling back tell him you dont know but that he isnt very responsible and talk baout how your son feels about it. I have been thru this with my dd. It is best that they face the disappoinment as it comes, you cant cover for his dad forever, but dont talk bad about him just be honest.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would tell him the truth for sure. Tell him that you love him and you will always be there for him and thats all he needs. Honestly a dead beat dad is better at a distance because your son will have only your influence and won't learn dads bad habits. You can mold him into being the man he needs to be :0).
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• you werent wrong in calling by the way, but next time dont have expectations or you will be let down again.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The point is you made the effort to reconnect with your child's biological father. If he doesn't reconnect with you then that's his loss. You need to be honest with your child about why he isn't around. Being honest with him will allow him that chance to accept that he is gone and move on. Lying to him is only going to make that hope grow more and your son be even more dissapointed everyday he doesn't come around.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You did what you needed to do.Now comes the time when you need to tell your son that his daddy is not in the picture.But please don't talk bad about him to your son.That is his father and,believe me,you would regret it when your son gets older.Good luck mama!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 11:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Be honest with him. It will save your child alot of heartache in the future if you were honest with him regarding his father...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010