How to have a bio dad rights terminated.

Does anyone know ho to have a bio dad rights terminated? What kind of paperwork do I need to file?
Bio dad has been incarcerated (sex offender) all DS life (14 years) he is out now and I just want to have my bases covered

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• My sons father relinquished his rights, we hired an attorney though, also he can terminate his rights & still be obligated to pay child support, which i recommend.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The laws differ from state to state. Check for yours to be sure. Here in my state if has been 5 years without seeing the child you can have the rights terminated but you will not get child support or social security benefits when the father dies. Other than that the father has to sign his rights over.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You need to talk to an attorney. Sex offenders will not be given visits alone with a child. I would suggest having him relinquish his rights and still have to pay child support like the ap said.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You need to go to the court and talk with a Lawyer. Whether it's a lawyer you pay for or a Lawyer of the court. You need to get the right legal advice from a lawyer who knows the right information. You basically file the papers to have his rights terminated and the court determins whether he should have them terminated or not. But go talk to a lawyer and he'll help you through the process.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• bumpHere is a bump for you!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 11:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• An attorney has to do all the paperwork.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would seek legal advice form a lawyer...I think because he is a sex offender it won't be that hard to get it done.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010