what is wrong with my daughter?

so my daughter is 2 and she has been throwing up daily she plays and eats in the morning and then when she wakes up from her nap shes throwing up all night??? i went to her pedi and told her the story she asked if everyone else was feeling ok and i said i had gastritis a few days ago immediately she said it was gas making her sick that didnt sound right to me so i went to the er for a second opinion they dint even try no bloodwork or anything all they said is she looks ok and they are not too worried because there is no fever but she looks ok she feels like crap and she isnt ok am i just supposed to be ok with that response no i cant so once again i ask you moms does anyone have suggestions or been through it before? it has been 5 days the same thing over and over

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• I would take her back to the doc and DEMAND they find out whats going on. It's not normal and vomitting like that is NOT healthy.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would find a new pediatrician.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Throwing up isn't normal and isn't from gas. It could be several things. Maybe she has a food intolerance. Have you switched brands or tried any new foods lately that might be upsetting her stomach? Maybe its a bacterial infection did they do any sample tests on the vomit? I would dig deeper. Turning away a sick child is not acceptable. Vomiting daily could cause dehydration.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• could she be vomiting from lack of sleep?
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Could it be acid reflux? Sometimes if it is bad, it can cause vomiting. I would def do what other moms have suggested and demand your Pedi. dig more into it and if he won't get another one!
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Go to a second Pedi. The ER is nothing more then a quick scan and unless they can see more of something wrong they won't investigate. They're there to get to fixed and out of there as fast as they can. They don't do a thorough workup usually. Take her to a second Pedi and get a second opinion from them. Let them know all the symptoms, what she's eating, etc. And because you had gas a few days ago it means NOTHING for her. You can't pass gas onto someone else, and that wouldn't make her throw up. Especially throw up all night. So yes, you should get a third opinion from a Pedi.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Stick to your guns and keep looking for answers. Find a different doctor who is willing to try and figure out what is happening. I spent 2 weeks with my 2 yr old having constant screaming fits where I knew he was in pain and yet the doctors clinic...(he didn't have the same doctor twice unfortunately) they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I kept taking him back and unfortunately it wasn't until his ear drum burst that they figured out he'd had a inner tube infection. That child wound up with scarring and lost part of his hearing because of this mess... needless to say I still feel like someone shoulda listened to me.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010