Why is this?

I have never had a yeast infection that I know of ever.I had a total hysterecomy 10 yrs ago.I'm in my 40s also,question is what is this white stuff I'm getting and also no matter how clean and use I still keep a bad smell there.Anyone know or tell me if the smell is normal? Its not horrible just always has a weird scent;)hate it!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• the white discharge does suggest yeast infection, I had one and wouldnt have known it if it wasnt for the white stuff. an otc vaginal infection actually did work. you could go to the dr and find out for sure, because I cant explain the smell. If you want cheap try the suppositories from the store and see if that works.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• maybe yeast
    maybe something else
    is it time for an exam anyway?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I do NOT recommend using a yeast infection medication you bought from the store if you're not POSITIVE that you have a yeast infection. I did that when I was in college and ended up so swollen and irritated down there that I could get out of bed for a day and a half. NOT. FUN.

You should definitely go to the doctor.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Try the over the counter 3 day yeast infection medicine. See if it works.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Why not get one of the yeast kits that tells you if you have an infection or not? They have some at home test now. And if it isn't that then don't do the treatments. Also if it isn't go to the dr. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Call your Dr and ask about Diflucan. It works well.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If it is a yeast, I am with brandonsmom...Diflucan is much better than that messy crap in the store. One pink pill and no more yeast!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010