What does reflux feel like??

I posted this in my pregnancy group, but didn't really get any responses about reflux, so I thought maybe I would find one here.

I have been having an extreme pain in my upper left abdomen .. right below my breast. [I'm 16wks pregnant] It started on Monday, and I wasn't able to keep ANY food down, at all. Even if I would drink something I would be throwing up. I saw a dr and feel like he really blew me off. He said it was reflux, and gave me a prescription for pepcid.

In JUNE [before I was pregnant] I had this same pain with nausea, vomiting, and fever. I was on vacation in CA, and had to go to the ER. They said it was either pancreatitis or a kidney infection .. gave me some antibiotics, and nausea meds and sent me on my way.

So, what exactly does reflux feel like? This is my 5th pregnancy. I thought I've had heartburn & reflux before .. but I guess I don't know what I'm talking about! Thanks in advance.

anderamee

Asked by anderamee at 11:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• I have reflux, and the pain is a burning sensation in my throat, lower esophagus
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yup shes right its a burning feeling but it can also be burping up a nastyy taste. or just haveing a reallyy nastyy taste in your mouth for a long time. but i dont think u would be throwing up like that the pain in ur abdomen could just be the babyy when i was prego with myy daughter she liked to sleep like that her feet were alwayys in myy ribs or myy back maybe u should tryy going to another dr. just to make sure
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 11:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• She is right. it is a burning sensation in your tummy and up through your throat.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The burning up the throat. Plus if you eat something it feels like it is stuck in your throat for awhile.
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thanks! That is what I thought it was, but this dr just thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about. Time for a new dr!
    anderamee

Comment by anderamee (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You might want to look into gallbladder trouble. I went to the er positive I was having a heart attack. It was galstones
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thanks, but I already had my gallbladder out in 2001!
    anderamee

Comment by anderamee (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010