Dizzy and tons of headaches

Hey ladies, I was wondering if this was normal? I don't remember it with my first born. I am have tons of headaches, (that isn't what bothers me) its the fact that I get so dizzy and my eyes get so blurry...even if I am just sitting down, it happened 3-4 times yesterday and all I was doing was sitting down with my son trying to play with him and another time I was making him some lunch. I went to bed early last night thinking it was a lack of sleep but I slept from 9pm til 7am and I woke up and my eyes were so blurry and I was dizzy....WHILE I WAS STILL LAYING DOWN. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is any remedy you know to help with this? It feels like there is a lot of pressure behind my eyes too.
Thanks Ladies,
Sarah

sls1007

Asked by sls1007 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have been feeling the same way. i think it is just sinus pressure
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I just googled your symptoms and from what I found out dizziness is common during pregnancy. However, everything that I read said that if you have dizziness with headaches and blurred vision you should call your doctor immediately.  One post I read said that this symptoms could be a sign of serve anemia.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yeah, it sounds like anemia. Have you been taking your iron? A few more things it could be is your blood pressure (try drinking some orange juice) or sinus pressure. I would give your doctor a call!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have the same problem and part of it is because I always have low blood pressure which may be your problem too, but my doc said its normal during pregnancy because I dont remember it with my first one either. I wouldnt worry unless you start passing out. Try eating a cookie or something. Maybe gestational diabetes? On a second thought....call the doc... lol
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Every pregnancy is different, so you're going to have a lot of instances in your second pregnancy that you're not familiar with from your first. Regardless (though especially in your case right now) whenever you are worried that your or the babies health may be at risk, call the doctor immediately! It's always better to be safe than sorry. If it's something you feel you should be seen instead of just a short diagnostic check on the phone (and I feel you really should be seen in the office), tell them you need to come in.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• let your doctor know, and make sure your blood pressure is normal. Check for other symtoms while this is going on. keep a journal for your doctor and get a blood pressure cup for home. Some women get high blood pressure during pregnancy.
    blackcat66

Answer by blackcat66 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• if your doctor says you're ok, but you continue to have symptoms, try some ginger tea. ;)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thanks Ladies, I actually went to the docs today for it and I had to give some bloodwork for tests, so we will see what is wrong I guess when they get those back.
    sls1007

Answer by sls1007 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• oh my blood pressure was normal, and the baby heart rate was normal as well, however I did lose some weight, but overall he said everything was normal and we will have to see what the results say to my tests.
    sls1007

Answer by sls1007 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• ok keep us updated and feel better!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008