How long did you pump?

After my son was born I only pumped for about three months - I had an appendectomy when he was two months old and had to go through my entire stash. After that, it was really difficult to pump enough to keep up with his demand so I gave up and gradually transitioned him to formula.

But now, my daughter is almost six months old and I'm still pumping and proud of it!

How long did you pump?

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 11:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 8 months. But got enough stored for 12..lol
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I pumped for 4 weeks with my son. Nursing was working, so I was just going to pump and give him breast milk in a bottle. But then I got mastitis and said 'Screw it" lol. I had a friend that pumped her milk for a year. She didn't like nursing at all so she just pumped and bottle fed
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I pumped for 2 months and that little time of pumping lasted me till he was 6 months old. I quit pumping because I got sick and was almost in the hospital and I dried up durring that time. But when I did pump I would get at least 16oz on just one side for only 5-10min of pumping lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I only pumped in the very beginning. After that I nursed or fed formula bottles when I was at work.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• nursed for 7 and pumped at that time too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I didn't pump... it made me feel like a cow in a dairy farm. I just couldn't do it!! But, good for you!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I never pumped, i hand expressed my milk & i only did it in the beginning when my breasts were so full of milk that i HAD to milk myself...lol. After a while, they stopped producing so much extra milk. But, DD would never take a bottle so she was boob only for 2 years.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• lol Morgain. My mom and my husband called me the california happy cow.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I stopped pumping around 12 months because the sitter said she didn't want the bottle any more. She'd take a couple sucks on it and toss it aside. Continued nursing mornings, evenings and weekends until she was 17 months.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• about a week. I enjoy breastfeeding :) I just wanted to have some in the freezer just in case. occasionally I will still pump.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010