Should I volunteer ......

I am thinking of going into the Medical field as a Medical coder and Biller or possibly a phlebotomy .

Should I volunteer at a Hospital to see if it will be something I will enjoy or should I just go take the classes ?

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• It wouldn't hurt to volunteer to see what it's like first. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It would be hard to tell if you like it if you volunteer because you would not be doing the job that you would be going to school for. Although if you are wondering if you would like the work enviorment then yeah go for it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I knew someone that started out this way and then work her way in getting a part-time. Then finally the hospital had a program on where they paid for her education.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thank you ladies ! Have a nice day and thanks again for answering
    Sheleekieije

Comment by Sheleekieije (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It would be a bad idea. It's better to change your mind now than after you've been in school a while.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• as long as its well organized and your getting something out of it, then yeah.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I learned medical billing just by working in a medical office. Perhaps you can volunteer at a doctors' office?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010