Mini Van or Suv

I am a Mommy of 2 one day I hope to have more children . I have always thought of myself as an Suv type of person, I love trucks so it just made since that I would have a Suv. Now that I would like more children and would like to go on vacations I am thinking maybe a mini van is the best way to go .... What are your thoughts as far as comfort, room and if you was to get a mini van what kind would you get ?

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 11:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Travel

• Well currently I have a big truck but I'm also a mother of two...I have been thinking of getting a new vehicle but I just can't see myself in a mini van. SUVs are great and now you can find one that is great on gas and that has enough room for more than 2 kids too. The new dodge Durangos are great. Good luck!
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 11:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am also a truck person. The only van I found that reminds me of the truck-ish feeling is my Dodge Caravan. The hood sits back just enough to seem high like a truck and the 4 doors access is wonderful to have. I've never owned a Suv as I don't care for those big boxey looks but thats just me I suppose. my absolute favorite truck I've ever owned is my F -150 dual tank extended box. I literally cried when I had to let that truck go.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think the van would be better. My family always had a van for roadtrips growing up. It was great because the back seat went down into a bed so me and my sister could lay down and take a nap durring the drive. We would also sit back there and play a board game lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thanks KayAZ !
    Sheleekieije

Comment by Sheleekieije (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have a minivan and have actually gotten to love the darned thing, so much that I got a new one in June. Now I am spoiled. It has a sun roof and a hatch that opens with my remote or a button in the van. I have 3 kids and there is enough room for the 5 of us and all of our stuff on 3 week long road trips.

If you are undecided still, I would look at something like the Honda Pilot or a Toyota Highlander. They are a smaller SUV but have space for more than just 5 people.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• SUV!!! I'm not a mini van fan.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I prefer SUVs.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I hope to never have a minivan, though if I had to have one I would get the new VW one.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Hmm, I love SUV's. Mini-vans not so much, but they are VERY practical for lots of kids. How about the Honda Odyssey? I think that is a van.
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I've had both so I can answer that the most comfortable way to travel with more than 2 children is a mini van. We have a SUV now but our kids are teenagers and aren't always with us anymore. It would be really hard to fit carseats in an SUV even if it was an extended length SUV.
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 2:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2010