Cell phones

Am I the only one who thinks a cell phone would be great to have but have yet not gotten one? I am on a strict budget and there is no room for a extravagance such as this.

momof4kids257

Asked by momof4kids257 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You're not the only one. I've had a phone that I wouldn't use for YEARS. I guess 2 years ago my hubby gave me a blackberry but I didn't use it once. I HATE them because I don't want to be tied to a phone. It's like "whatever did we do in the 80's without a phone?" I lived fine without a cell and personally I feel like they're an electronic "leash"! lol BUT I am in the minority.... lol
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 12:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You might be the only one!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• In the 90s I would have been with ya 100%, but nowadays..not so much. You can get a cheapo basic phone for like $10
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My husband and I have to have one. He has to have one because of work they have to be able to get ahold of him 24-7 and it cost more to get one cell phone and a home phone rather then just 2 cell phones.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I got a cell phone on ebay last month for 11 bucks. So it's not really an extravagant purchase nowadays like it used to be.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We don't have one.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I got rid of my land line, because it was cheaper to have just my cell phone.
    shughes903

Answer by shughes903 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't have a cell phone either, but it's by choice I did have one and I never turned it on. People use to get frustrated with me, but I said well I turn it on when I use it. My husband thought I needed it for safety, but what did we do before cell phones? I think it's a shame people think they have to have a phone wherever they go. Yes it's convenient at times but it definitely isn't worth the extra money to me.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i don't have one and it isn't in the plans
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I admit it would be great to have in case of a car breakdown on the interstate...but otherwise I'd never use it either and the phones that you pay by the minutes with add up awfully quick. My kids want one? I say your welcome to buy yourself one and pay for it with your own money from your own job...but you are welcome to use my land line.thanks for your answers- nice to know I'm not the only one w/out a cellphone.
    momof4kids257

Comment by momof4kids257 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010