Moving a 1 year old and a 3 year old into the same room....

I am moving and will have to have my 2 boys share a bedroom. I am worried about them waking each other up all night. Is there anything i can do to help the process?

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just go for it!!! We moved into a 600 sq ft cottage for about 5 months and all four kids had to share a room (4, 3, 1, and newborn). Our daughter had always had her own room, so the transition was the hardest for her. Give it a week. They will adjust to each other's noises and you will finally get some rest! Our oldest sleeps through the baby's screams!! I remember when we put the new baby in with him (when he was the only child). It took about a week then too. Now they all sleep fairly well. Talk it up! How exciting that they get to share a room!! I also have never 'made' them be quiet. If they want to talk to each other that is fine, as long as they both stay in their own bed. If one is asleep or crying, then the others have to be quiet.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• depends on the individual, but I shared and my brothers shared. It shouldn't be an issue. They are siblings so there are always going to be squabbles growing up.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Exactly what michelado said - they will adjust to the noises one another makes during the night. I wouldn't worry too much. Oh - and make sure you set up a schedule and have consistency at bedtime. That will help them both.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010