How long have you been trying to get pregnant and how often do you have sex? Sorry about the two questions.

I am in my 30's and worry that it is going to take me a while to get pregnant. Our sex life can be sporadic at times, so I was curious about those who have been trying.

JerseyJen78

Asked by JerseyJen78 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With our first I was 28 and it took us 2 weeks. With our second I was 32 and it took one time. With our third it took two months. But the first month I know we missed it because of our timing and me working nights that month. But the next month we hit it right and knew I was pregnant.
    Every women is different.
    Good luck!
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We stopped trying to not have a baby in June. My dh travels for work and his being home and my ovulating have only coincided once in that time. However, when he IS home we do it about 3-5 times a week. I understand everyother day I'd best for sperm count but we just have fun with it.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oh with my third I was 35 when we got pregnant. How much sex we had varies on the what is goin on during the week.1 to 4 times before being pregnant.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• "They", whoever they are, say that when trying to conceive you are suppose to have sex every other day. That way the sperm has a chance to build back up..
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Hope this helps but when i was trying..2x a wk is good & tracking your period is always a good way to along with talking to your doc..
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Read Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler....it's an awesome book that explains when you are fertile and how to maximize the possibility for getting pregnant.
    jennalynne904

Answer by jennalynne904 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• With my first it took one try (on purpose). With my second, it took 2 months. We had sex 3 times the first month and 2 times the second month. Got pregnant the second month.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thank you for answering my question! I really appreciate it!
    JerseyJen78

Comment by JerseyJen78 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010