How often do you call or visit your older child who's not living at home?

shellakers

Asked by shellakers at 12:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• We talk on the phone 1-2 times a week usually.

He's pretty much all the away across the country at school. And busy with college, and leading his own life right now. Which is good with me. That's what he's supposed to be doing. Living his life.. lol

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I mean, I don't have an adult child but as an adult child that's how often my parents called me.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My oldest son is in Baltimore....I'm in Los Angeles, too far to visit often, but we talk once or twice a week on the phone, and text a little note daily.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my parents use to visit maybe every few months, but I use to stop over there like 3 x's a week when I wasn't living with them. lol. So there was little need for them to stop over to our place because I was always at theres, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Once a week or so.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I talk to both of my girls on a daily basis, if I don't I get scolded for not doing so!

Answer by older at 12:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my children are not that age yet... but i have to hear my moms voice at least once a week. otherwise i feel like something is missing from my life.
    SUNFLOWER80T

Answer by SUNFLOWER80T at 3:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• well I am the older child in my family, and after reading the others Im saying well,,, 6or 7 times a day maybe that is a lot but it is when ever something is going on ,or afterward or hey what is going on ,and I know my two boys I hear from dayly, but not as much as girls my mother used to say , A son is your son till he takes awife, but a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life , and there is some trueth to that. even thow me and my boys are close there is still a diffrence there
    motherstime

Answer by motherstime at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Funny that this is a ? my older son lives with my father and is always at my home. His reason is that he misses his mommy. what is going to happen when I move to open Harmony recycle Ranch will he be spending his hard earned money to come see me then. LOL he says yes he would because he love his mommy. funny how kids grow up to get away but can't stay away.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I talk to one of them daily, and see her a couple times a week, the other one is hard to reach, so I talk to her every couple of days and see her about once a week.
    Lovems

Answer by Lovems at 4:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010