what can i use for neck rash 4 chubby 3 month old, hard to reach double chin area

i tried cornstarch baby powder but no success

uptown378

Asked by uptown378 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• diaper rash cream works, but i found that good old fashion corn starch worked best
    DeenieR

Answer by DeenieR at 11:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• baby eczema lotion! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My DS had this problem too. It was terrible. As strange and gross as this sounds, use diaper rash cream. The more zinc oxide the better. It clears it right up! The problem here is moisture and no air circulation, just like a diaper rash.
    icook

Answer by icook at 9:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter had this when she was about that age. They do grow out of it.
    Try putting a dry burp cloth under the rolls when feeding and throughout the day. My daughters got so bad, I felt so bad for her!
    But she still has a roll at 8 months, but since she can hold her head up all the way, there is no more irriataion.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I just used hydrocortisone cream...worked great!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Diaper rash cream works the best and for those of you who have the pooch from having a c-section, diaper rash cream is great for that area as well. During the last 6 months my incision has been horrible. Mind you it's been 13 years since my last c-section. I found that I was getting what the doctor described was a like a yeast infection due to all the outdoor activities and sweating. So, I started using diaper rash cream and it really helps. I also use deoderant if I run out of diaper rash cream. Sounds crazy but it works.
    DiyDiva

Answer by DiyDiva at 10:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2008