Daughter wont graduate without being potty trained right?

Yea Im a bit over exaggerating but Im so lost lol. I have 4 kids 2 already trained with no problem one boy one girl. I know each child is different. I have a 3 year old little girl who refuses to go. Shes gone a few times if I make her when I know its about time to go. Been working with her since her 2nd birthday. She is now 3 years and 2 months. I have tried sticker charts, bribing, making it sound gross, treating her like a baby, ignoring when she has an accient except having her help me clean it and going hog wild when she goes. I have tried if she goes in thepotty every day for a week she gets a new toy on friday with 1 M&M each time she goes. I just dont know what else to try. let her pick some panties and got ones with Monkeys (she LOVES monkes) and told her not to pee on the monky cause it will make monkey sad. Nothing is working.. So any ideas on how to outwit a stubborn 3year old? lol

Kerra76

Asked by Kerra76 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• relax a little bit. My little boy was probably 3 years and 8 months before HE finally decided that he wanted to use the potty consistently. He wears a pull up at night but wears big boys the rest of the time. I tried all the things that you have tried and got nothing but exhausted from trying and stressed out. So I just stopped. I kept him in pull ups and went on with life. She knows you want her to do this and she also knows she's in control of it. Take the control back and quit stressing over it. When she is ready, she will do it. For me, it just started to happen, and when it did I made a big deal over it and when it didn't, I didn't say anything. He was completely trained within a week. Good Luck and dont worry .. she'll get it.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• MIne was the same way but he is completely potty trained now . All of a sudden he wanted to be a big boy and that was it . good luck
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 9:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• thats what I have done here lately.. I just stopped fighting over it and stressing myself out. I have admitted that she is bull headed like her dad and when she wants to she will I guess I just needed to know that other parents feel the same way. Reassurance I guess.. Thanks for the comments ladies =)
    *hugs*
    Kerra76

Answer by Kerra76 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My brother had the same problem with one of his. When the little girl was nearly 4, her older brother suddenly turned around one day, looked at her and told her that she was too old to wear diapers. That was all it took. She asked for panties and my SIL put them on her (again!) and she potty trained from that moment on. Can one of your older children put a little peer pressure on her?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Have her run around without bottoms. She'll start to pee down her leg and won't like it.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My 2nd daughter was 3 and a half, I had given up on here and decided to wait. Well it turned out I needed to leave her father and that night I went ot put a diaper on her and she said she was done with diapers and said she was a big girl now. She never had an accident, not even in her bed at night! I realized then and there that maybe stress was keeping her from using the potty. Diapers can play a role in security, when the world isn't feeling so secure.
    Anonymous

• My son was almost four. I was scared he wouldn't be able to start pre-k. It clicked with him when I finally got pissed and took away the pull up s put him in underwear and told him if he wet his pants on purpose he was gonna get popped. I know they say not to do that but he was very nearly four and full aware of what he was doing. He was full potty trained in about 3 weeks. he got popped once the first day b/c I asked if he needed to go potty (I knew he did) he said no they hid in the corner to pee in his pants. I am by no means saying you should try this your child is different than mine. Keep on trying she will get it. something will work for you.
    Anonymous