I need help, please, my 21/2 yr old son is still in my bed,

he turns and toss all night long, I am a full-time working mom and I can't function any more due to lack of sleep. My hubby has moved out of the bedroom mainly due to his snoring. We recently lost our unborn son so now my son is so afraid that I will go away since I was in hospital for a while and is very sticky to me. His fire-truck bed is in my bedroom since he is so scared of been alone in his room but he does not sleep in it he jumps right back to my bed when I put him in there. Please,please someone help me before I go nuts.

kuna78

Asked by kuna78 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• All I can think of is just keep putting him back in his bed. I never co-slept even with a newborn but, my 3 y.o used to try to get in bed w/ me sometimes and I would go put her back in her room. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Forget a good night’s sleep while during this transition, but consistency pays off. I would walk my daughter back to bed every time. Some nights I would find her curled up on the floor next to my bed. I began setting my cell phone alarm twice a night, waking up to take a peek if she was still in her bed. When she wasn't, I would walk her back again - and again. She finally realized it wasn't getting her anywhere. Have you tried taking something personal of yours and letting him have it to cuddle with at night? This sounds crazy, but it worked for us, I had a pyjama that my daughter loved the characters on. We made a funny story of the characters and would add to it continuously. I gave her the PJ to sleep with. Sometimes I could hear her talking during the night, but not getting up she was laying there coming up with something new to add to the story until she would fall back asleep. Good Luck!
    TX_mom923

Answer by TX_mom923 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Please refer to John Rosemond's "Parent Power!" or "Making the Terrible Twos Terrific!"
    bekabunnie

Answer by bekabunnie at 10:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Put his bed back in his room and when you put him to bed at night tell him you are going to set the timer and you will check on him in 5 minutes, when you go back in give him another kiss goodnight and repeat the process. Each time add one minute (he won't know the difference) until he goes to sleep. It will take some time but it will get easier.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• ok i guess in my situation we went cold turkey. my daughter learned how 2 climb out of her crib when she was 1 1/2 she would come into our bed. then i kinds got tired of not sleeping at night so i put up the baby gate at her door. it was the smooth type and she couldnt climb over it. she cried for about 1 week then she stayed in her bed
    SexyMami7593

Answer by SexyMami7593 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Have you tried to move his bed up against yours? so when he falls asleep you can gently roll him onto his bed. I did that with my son and before I knew it when bedtime came he wanted to be in his bed. Unfortunately though his bed is still in my room. Good luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008