Anyone else lonely?

Don't take this wrong. I love my husband. I never want to be with anyone else. But right now, I am so lonely. He's working his tail off and going to school (mostly online, he only has 2 classes that meet) so I can stay at home with the kids (which I love). But when he comes home, it's like I don't exist. He says, "Hi, I love you." and then goes on to his schoolwork and blogging on facebook. It may be 3 hours or more before he says anything to me again. Even then it's usually just "good night" because I'm going to bed. I have no friends and no family to talk to. I am really missing adult conversation - probably why I'm on here so much. lol Don't even ask about sex - we've not had any of that lately either though I've been wanting it like crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• heck ya i am lonely!! so lonely i cry to myself....that is exactly what brought me on this website last night at 1 am.....i am at home on maternity leave and my hubbys working 6 12 hour shifts for the next two months....and i know exactly what you mean about not wanting anyone else....you just want the love and affection from the man you married....i feel i am always telling my husband that we need a date night and now with 4 kids and a crazy schedule, id settle for a few hours at home.....i dont even get an hour a day with mine...makes me sad...i sleep alone in my bed every night....i am scared to see how things go next week when i go back to work....which is another stress for me :(

is there a local ymca or health club around? or are your kids in elementary where you can volunteer in their school? try to find an outlet for starters and then things can go from there..i wish you the best of luck and maybe we'll talk more
    supermom326

Answer by supermom326 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• lonely - yes I am too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think I know what ya mean. I'm with my family too and love them dearly, but sometimes I wish I had other people to talk to besides them and I don't. Thats partly why I come here. At least we live in the internet age so we can have some adult interaction. If this was 30 years ago, we'd only have tv games shows and talk shows for company (without cable I might add lol)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my fiance works a lot and I stay home with the kids. 2 of them are in school all day and our 2 year old is home with me. When he gets home I feel like I don't matter, he takes the girls outside and sometimes our son too, but he doesn't seem to involve me much. we have good days tho. But He has weekends off and every other weekend his girls visit their mom and I ask to have a date night. He never wants to and gets mad because he just wants to stay home and relax. he doesn't see that I'm home constantly and want to get out too! I don't feel like our relationship is as great as it used to be...I'm very lonely. I'm young too and most of my friends are off in college.
    hixons_mommy

Answer by hixons_mommy at 12:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010