I wonder how long...

...it will take for me to get a hold of my own Texas accent. There are plenty of different inflections here. Just a matter of clinging to one, I s'pose.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I knew a girl who went the opposite way in HS. She was totally a TX girl, drawl and all. It was cute. I liked it. But one summer she lost it and sounded like a west coast girl. Gorgeous blond. But I always missed her accent. Added flavor.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Hahahaha...not long. Although, I grew up around the accent and I am only noticeable on a few words because I tried HARD to not have the accent. It is catchy though..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• HA HA!! When we visit our family in Paris TX, I usually come home after a week with a small accent! lol My daughter comes home with a HUGE accent. I wouldn't think it would take long! lol
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 12:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I moved to Louisiana going on 3 years ago. I say phrases that are common around here and some words I've started to pronounce like they do around here but I somehow doubt I'll ever pick up a full on accent.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• lived in tx when 20-22
    and i picked one up
    did not notice until i came back to midwest
    and it quickly went away, unless i had a few drinks, then it would show up again a bit
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010