Shaving cream in the bath

If I have a bath with my baby, would it be safe to shave myself with shaving cream, because it will then be in the bath withher? Is it likely to irritate her skin? I have a bath seat thing that she normally sits in when I wash myself (with her baby bath stuff) btw. Usually someone is at home to take her out while I shave and stuff but tomorrow before swimming it'll be only us in the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she doesn't have sensitive skin and it's not an alcohol based shave cream I would think it would be ok. How about shaving your legs in the sink or something since you said there's no one to watch her while you're in the tub?
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Rather than worry about it, shave someplace else. or set her in a baby seat on the floor outside the bath while you shave.

Answer by Bmat at 12:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Just bathe first and take her out before you shave!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think shaving cream would hurt a baby but I personally just wouldn't want to shave my legs while I had my baby in the tub. I'd just wait until baby is bathed and then shave.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010