Do you agree with Mr. Obama's compassion?

One woman questioned whether the Obama health-care plan would send the U.S. health-care system into a British-style system of rationing and delays. A man asked when the president would end costly wars abroad.

Criticized over illegal immigrants getting health care, the president said,

"It is very important that we have compassion as part of our national character."

I'm for compassion as much as the next guy, but is it okay to reward illegal behavior?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 12:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My God. This just makes me want to puke. No, its not okay to reward illegal behavior. & If our president doesnt find something wrong with that than God help us, because were all fucked.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• "It is very important that we have compassion as part of our national character."

So, let me get this straight~ We, the USA, are going to borrow money (with interest) from the likes of an uncompassionate China to fund Obama's 'compassionate' priority...  Interesting...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with President Obama's compassion i have plenty ofcompassion myself..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would like to see a LOT more compassion towards human being and the atrocities happening around the world. Little is said to China, Iran, North Korea. It is documented, that when the president speaks up, conditions for 'political' prisoners improves. Many activists from other countries are disappointed in the very little to nothing that Obama does to speak out for human rights when visiting other nations. Maybe he could start having compassion for those 'lawbreakers' that are just speaking out against their government.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

I agree with the above statement; however, I do believe that Mr. Obama and I differ wildly on what we believe compassion is and who deserves it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Compassion is something one does because they WANT to.. Not because they are mandated to "give' to areas someone else (politician) sees of greater importance....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• no Grace, we should just let the little illegal children starve & die....

Compassion shouldn't be an "American" value...I mean really...next thing people will want us to actually CARE about how our policies affect OTHER , POORER nations..I mean the NERVE...

eye rolling

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• "It is very important that we have compassion as part of our national character." I agree with the above statement; however, I do believe that Mr. Obama and I differ wildly on what we believe compassion is and who deserves it.

Oh, I totally agree.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with the above statement; however, I do believe that Mr. Obama and I differ wildly on what we believe compassion is and who deserves it.

Who would Jesus deny compassion too? Who would Ghandi deny compassion too? Who would Mother Theresa deny compassion too? Who would YOU deny compassion too?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• ALL of the people in Mexico.

No, ALL the people in S. America.

I want ALL of them to settle here, in Arizona and New Mexico and Texas.

There are 110 million people in Mexico.

How many can you put up at your house?

I have room for 10. Please give us a number, in the millions, that YOU would be willing to stop at and say, "Enough, close the door!" How many?

mustbeGRACE

Comment by mustbeGRACE (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010