Need strong advice!

I just found out I am pregnant and i know i am VERY early I am getting married in 6 weeks and my fiance will be leaving for boot camp for the navy in 8 weeks so 2 weeks ater the wedding. I have no clue how to tell him because we were not expecting to have kids until he was at least in the navy for a year or two. I already have one son from a previous relationship. How do i tell him and how to i handle being pregnant with out him. Because of his path and training in the navy we will not be able to live together for another 10 months after boot camp. Which the baby will be born by then HELP PLEASE

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Uhm...you're not the first? Knowing in advance of your marriage that he is joining the military and not being drafted, kinda takes the complaint usage of him being gone and you being alone right out the window. You kinda asked for this, this is what you wanted. At least a 4 year sting in the Navy right?
    My suggestion, find something to keep busy ASAP and find some identity within yourself, he doesn't need to be in boot camp worrying about you not coping at home.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• **stint in the navy
    jewjewbee

• If you didn't want another kid right now you shouldn't have had sex.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The thought of being pregnant and alone does justify a little fear, but on the possitive angle, you have benefits, and a man that loves you and wants to marry you.. i'm sure he will be honored and proud and the thought of becoming a daddy will most def get him though hard days to come.. It's going to fine
    stacylynn71

Answer by stacylynn71 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You already had one child so obviously you know how to care for a newborn. Your husband will add you to his bank account and his money will be available for you to live off of. If you are worried about being lonely move back near family. My sister moves back in with my parents whenever her husband deploys. Silly if you ask me but I guess I'm more independent. As far as telling him about the baby..just say it like it's a wonderful positive thing. I'm not sure I understand why this is so horrible.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We used safe sex i can not take birth control due to certain medical reasons.
    victoriak12708

Comment by victoriak12708 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good Luck.
    Tell him soon, he needs to know.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Tell him. Then the two of you talk it out together. Don't be afraid, he loves you and is intended to spend his life with you.
    You will be ok.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm not understanding why this is a big deal, either. I'm sorry, I'll try to not be mean. But, he IS marrying you. He's joining the military. Just tell him. Technically, you aren't having a baby alone. He just won't physically be there with you. One thing you should know about the military, babies happen ALL THE TIME. Most especially 40 weeks after deployment/R&R. Honey, if you think THIS is going to be the hardest thing about being a military wife, LOL, buckle up and hold on!
    Congratulations on getting married, and the baby. Now go tell him.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010