Has anyone had trouble adjusting to being a mom of 2

I had my 2nd son in July and almost from the very start had a lot of trouble adjusting.The main problem is that I feel so guilty for my oldest son. He has shown no signs of having a hard time with his new brother.But I found myself missing the one on one time with him. It's become to the point of almost obsession.I love my youngest son tremendously however regret to admit that bonding is slow which makes me feel terrible.My hormones are still a bit wacky which doesn't help.I find myself worrying if Mason (oldest) Is okay or if he has been effected negatively, almost the entire day. I cannot shut my brain off and its driving me nuts.I feel like I should be so grateful, especially since Seth was born with problems and didnt come home right away.I find myself wishing away time, wanting Seth to be a smiley 6 months old so I can enjoy time with both more easily.Seth is a bit colic and since starting teething which doesn't help.

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• absolutely!!! it is very emotionally difficult....you have had all your time designated to Mason and as moms, we always feel guilty we're not giving our kids enough....also, being that seth had to stay in the hospital longer doesnt help....it's ok!! you are human and soon enough everyone will adjust....you gave mason one of the best gifts ever...he has a brother and soon to be playmate....while seth is still so young, this is a great time to get that one on one time with mason...also, mason can be involved with getting diapers and wipes for seth where all of you are putting in a team effort..in the meantime, dont forget time for you mom!!! :) you deserve a little time to just sit back and relax in a hot bath or a walk by yourself....good luck!!
    supermom326

Answer by supermom326 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Also, I always need to have company or go out or i will get really anxious with my thoughts.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had a horrible time adjusting to having two. You should talk to your doctor. they can help you. That's what I had to do. :0) PM me if you have any questions or just want me to share more.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I've struggled ever since I got pregnant. I've been a SAHM to Lorelei since she was 4 months old (she had just turned 2 when her sister was born). I love that little girl. When we were enjoying our last days pre-baby, I sometimes felt like the new baby was taking me away from the little girl I loved so much. When Lily was born, she ended up in the NICU for three months because of all of her various problems, many of which she still fights with. I struggle to adjust to my two kids and the fact that Lily needs the vast majority of my time but Lorelei still needs her mom. I have the same problem with needing to be around people, but Lily is medically homebound until October 23rd (they advise two months post-NICU, especially with conditions like hers).

Good luck and know that you're not alone.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That sounds very normal to me. You can always speak with your doctor if you feel like you are struggling more than you should be and that it's interferring with your daily life. They can help you!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Adjusting to 2 was really hard. I would talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010