Cesarean babies more likely to be bottle fed?

Somewhere I heard that Cesarean babies are more likely to not be breastfed babies and that's just how it is... And naturally born babies are usually breastfed babies... Is this true?

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 12:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had both of my girls naturally and could not produce enough milk to keep them satisfied. We ended up bottle feeding both.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yeah. There's actually proof to back it up.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had c-sections with both of my daughters and did breastfeed both of them. I think there is more chance of medical interventions that will interfere with initial bonding/breastfeeding efforts, but it's still possible. I didn't find it difficult at all. They cleaned my babies up, sewed me back up, wheeled us to the room and we got going, no problems.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I breastfed my c-section baby longer than I did my vaginal birth baby.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i had c section
    and breast fed
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• it's partially because right after birth c section babies dont get the chance to nurse, like vaginally born babies.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had twoC-sections and breastfed both of my kids until well after a year old. I was nursing both of them in the recovery room after the c-section.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had a c-section had her at 9:08am back in my room at 12:00pm and started nursing.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 2-c-sections -2 breastfed babies. I have heard that to but I call it a crock. I think the fact that a few of the mothers may have some pain issues and offer a bottle one or times during their stay skews the statistics. Did you bottle feed your baby- yes, they aren't interested in how many times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes, it's true. Of course that does not mean ALL.
    C-sections tend to separate mother and baby for at least 1 -2 hours after birth. In that time, some babies are feed sugar water or formula. C-section moms often struggle to breast feed because of this delay, also due to the pain, the pain meds and the lack of support during their hospital stay and once they leave the hospital.

C-section moms needs extra support to have a successful breast feeding relationship.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010