What to do with baby clothes?

My son is 3 1/2 and we have a TON of baby clothes that I'm wanting to get rid of. Has anyone taken clothes to Once Upon a Child? I wondered how much they would buy them for. Some of his stuff still has price tags on it!

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 12:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try having a yardsale & announce it on craigslist,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Depends on the season. There are also limits to how many bags you can bring. I always called and asked what they not buying first.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would stick to criagslist or ebay with them. Once Upon a Time is very strict about the condition of clothes they will accept and what they will pay you for the ones they decide to take. I've heard ladies talk about going into their with bag fulls and they only accepted maybe 2 or 3 pieces
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• you will get more in store credit than you will in cash.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I saved some of Glenn's clothes to turn into a quilt and donated the rest to women's and homeless shelters!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You could always donate them to a woman's shelter or something. They can give you a receipt for you to claim the donation on your taxes.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Craigslist is a great option, then you can name your price.
    jennalynne904

Answer by jennalynne904 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I've never done Once Upon A child, but I do use a local children's consignment shop. It's a 60/40 split. They get 60% and I get 40. Kind of crappy, but it's better then yard sale prices. I usually get a check once a month for about $20 off my son's clothes.
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 3:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Pick out your favorite pieces and make a quilt with the clothes. Donate or consign the rest.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Don't waste your time at Once Upon a Child, they give you next to NOTHING for the stuff. I would post an ad on craigslist and list what you have and include that a lot still have tags, etc. You should be able to get rid of them easily at the price YOU want this way. You could even say, I want this much per item or I'm willing to take this much for clothes sizes __ through __ or I'll take this much for everything. Ebay is always an option too!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010