Christmas Gifts for Preschool Teachers? What do you spend?

I know it's early but I like to spread out the spending for Christmas. My Son just started Preschool & he has a Teacher and a Teachers assistant in his class. What are good gifts for the Teachers in Preschool? What do you spend? This is all new to me & I have no idea. He goes a 3 hours twice a week. Any ideas are appreciated!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Last year I just went to the bakery and bought a pound of butter cookies. I put them into tins for teachers and office employees. Cost me less than $20 for everybody. Otherwise, if you want to get an actual gift, I'd say $15 $20 tops. I doubt I'd even spent that though unless she was an amazing teacher.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We got some cute personalized teacher holiday ornaments last year and the year before....they were roughly $8 each with the personalization.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I got his teacher n teacher assistant cookies in the tin jars, i too had no clue, now because this year he has the same teacher im thinking of getting her something else, something bigger, not sure what it will be though.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would suggest getting the Teachers a gift card for Starbucks or any other gift card you think is appropriate
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 1:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• As a former preschool teacher who was spoiled during the holidays, I agree with gift cards! Not more than $20 though! Also if your child is interested in making an ornament, that is really special. I still have all of the ones made for me from over 10 years ago. Now that said, I have had a wide range from simple cards with the kids pictures in them to one family that gave me $100 cash once, so each family is different.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think a $10 gift card each to a coffee shop, or something would be nice.
    Maybe allow son to make the card that houses the gift card for a more personlized gift.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I stay around $20
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Coffee cup w/ instant coffee, tea, etc.
    Flowers or plant
    Stationary items
    Gift card
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010