I found a website.. a local news forum.. & there are people on there talking awful about people.. (cont)

They have made lists about ugly girls (minors), sluts (minors), and all kinds of other things. If you were the mother of one of these girls, would you seek legal action?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I prolly would if I did not know the parents of these people. Like SarahLeeMorgan said, that is defamation of character and they can be taken to court for it. It is not right and that is also true that it could end up with a teen commiting suicide.
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't seek legal action but if I had any idea as to the identity of these girls I'd contact their school and parents....it sounds like typical online harassment which we've all seen can lead to depression and even suicide.

Why are some teens so horrible thesedays? I know picking on others seems to be the norm, but it just seems to be taken way too far now. These teens need a slap in the face and a job
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, i wouldn't.

Just because somebody makes us mad doesn't mean we need to sue them.

Instead i would help my daughter learn how to deal with those kinds of things.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Of course I would seek legal action, it's defamation of character, not to mention the fact that harassment like that has been linked to teen suicide! If nothing is done, how are those doing it going to learn? At the very least, I would talk to the school where these kids go!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No I wouldn't seek legal action. It is harrassment. I would fight for the sight to be removed.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010