We should welcome God's blessings....or are they?

Whenever something good happens to us, it's a blessing or even a miracle from the hands above. Right? Why do bible thumpers believe everything is from God? Why can't they prove it? Just words and the so-called good book. Sounds like a bunch of Sheep to me. If your God was so giving then we should all be thankful our children are born with cancer and all children who die before there 10th birthday was a blessing, right! It's really sad to hear and see the followers blinded by faith in which the world we live and their book of promises does NOT apply. We live in the devil's backyard and the only savior is saving your own azz. Just a thought of reason...

NikkiVan1

Asked by NikkiVan1 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Ah, the question of "why does god take credit for all things good..."

From their perspective ALL good comes from above, and everything else is A) a test of their faith or B) an attack from satan.
    I too find it incredibly sad that they can not (refuse to) see the reality in front of them, that is part of what makes religion so dangerous.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I feel like you're one of those people who give atheists a bad name, so thanks for that. It's not like we don't already work hard enough trying to prove that we're not evil because we don't believe in god.

Bible Thumpers is basically a derogatory term for someone who is deeply religious. Let them have their faith, maybe that's all they have, or it's the only guidance they get from day to day.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• why do you care, op? if you don't believe in 'the bible thumper's' God, then it shouldn't even concern your pretty little head...or your 'azz'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• THAT is reason??? Seriously???

My faith IS reasonable and logical. You assume that Christians haven't asked why bad things happen, or that God doesn't have the answer - clearly you haven't read the book of Job. And given that I am currently living through seemingly "bad" circumstances, I can tell you without a doubt that God is blessing me in it.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oh man, this question is worded so poorly! I agree with the person above who said this is what gives atheists a bad name.
    It is one thing to ask a question regarding what someone believes, but this comes off as a slam more than anything.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You can't prove faith first of, but second off what you describe doesn't sound like a blessings.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I actually had to read this a few times to get it all in... but, you are a poor representation of an atheist. Why do you care what another person believes? What business is it of yours?
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's frustrating, like an abused wife bemoaning her troubles but still refusing to leave her domineering husband because she "loves him". In these days there are more bad things happening than good, but they think if they praise their god and ignore the abused women and children, the sick babies, and all the rest, maybe it will just go away. You AREN'T a bad atheist (I hate to disagree with my sisters here!). You are a human being who is trying to help people see the truth, and who is having them refuse to accept that help. Christians who wear themselves out trying to convert non-believers should understand just how you feel. But it seems they can't make THAT connection either.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with Gal51
    I am currently going through junk and He is STILL blessing me and loving me through it.
    Bad things do not for the most part come from God but from satan and poor choices that we make.
    Thankfully God is not mad at me and He helps me through it!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am not Christian and I am far from a sheep - but I do believe in a higher power and I think it would be arrogant of me to take responsibility for all the good things that have happened in my life. Yes, many of those things were because of MY good choices, and I have no problem taking credit where credit is due. But a lot of it is purely circumstance, and that's why I say I have been blessed. You might call it luck or fate or any number of things. The verbiage is not important to me. I just know that something else out there helps me out from time to time, and I am very appreciative of it. And using the same reasoning, I take responsibility when I screw up too. And I think that's where many religious folk get into trouble. You may go to church every Sunday, but your God sees you doing wrong all week long and using his name to somehow make it OK. And it's not.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010