How long did it take you to recover after a Cesarean?

And is there any pain in walking/doing things around the house the day after you have your baby vaginally? What about C-section wise?

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 1:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had 2 c-sections. I was wlaking around the same day with both....although slowly. But with my first it was aweful just trying to sit up let alone stand, but everytime I did it I felt better and better....so I kept it up and I felt like myself again within 5 days....with my second I repeated it and I also didn't take the anything other than motrin after the first day. My one nurse actualy said "Ohhhhhh you're the one refusing pain meds" I just didn't feel I needed them. With my 2nd I felt normal (other than bleeding of course) within 3-4 days.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You are in the hospital for at least 48-72 hours after a c-section. I usually get 4 full days cause I have my babies on a Friday morning and go home Monday night. There is pain with both! With my first it took 8 weeks and my second 6 weeks but I was not allowed to drive for 8 weeks. They just cut you open took everything out took the baby out put everything in and sewed you up! You have to let your body recover. I do not know any women who have had either a vaginal or c-section that are up and cleaning a house the next day!!!!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I've had 3 c-sections. I think probably the pain of labor and a vaginal delivery is harder, but the recovery from a c-section is probably harder. I will say the first was the hardest...I think because it was an emergency, but the 2nd I felt pretty good, did too much too sun, and ruptured my incision....after that I couldn't drive for 6 months. The third was hard, but not as hard as the first.

Whatever you do follow your doctors orders.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't know about a c-section, but I had no pain post vaginal delivery. A vaginal delivery is much easier for the body to recover from.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had one vaginal and 2 c sections. The best part of a c-section was that I knew exactly when it would happen, it was scheduled. All I had to do was lie there. I liked that. I also loved the 4 days in the hospital. We really bonded and I got great at breast feeding. The recovery was painful, but only for 3 days. It got much better every day. I liked it so much I chose to have it again for my third. It wasn't a much worse recovery than vaginally. They told me I could drive in 2 weeks, but I drove in 1 week.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had three vaginal deliveries and two csections. After the vaginal births I was uncomfortable for several days, but they gave me pain meds. After my csections, I was in pain for about a week, but it slowly got better. After 2 weeks or so I was pretty much back to "normal"

Answer by missanc at 2:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had 2 c-sections. I was sore and took it easy for at least the first week. The second week I was a bit better and by week 3 I was pretty much back to normal. I wouldn't be expected to be doing too much right away, at least not for the first week. Even my friends who have had vaginal deliveries are in a lot of pain for the first few days.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010