• In the Spotlight:

Where were you when you went into labor? Or were you induced?

I was induced with both pregnancies. My first pregnancy I didn't dilate past 2 cm and had to have a c-section, then my 2nd I had to have a planned c-section b/c the pregnancies were so close together. I want that rush of excitement. You know, middle of the night, you wake up and realize you're going into labor and you have to make a mad dash to the hospital....Don't know if I'll be able to after 2 c-sections. So what was your experience?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was induced with all three of my children. The first time I was 19 days overdue and took two days before I went into labor on my own, the second was a scheduled induction because of that history, and the third I was in early early non-active labor and they sped it up with prostaglandin gel because it had become a high-risk pregnancy due to too much amniotic fluid. I gave birth to all three of mine within 10 hours average once I got started. I always dilated and my cervix would thin, but I just needed that "jump" start for some odd reason.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 3:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I went to the hospital once and they said i was dialated to a 2 and to come back later. I went another two weeks and then doctor sent me to be induced and finally 26 hours later we had a c-section. With this next one, i'm not going to go through all that -- c-section right away!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was 2 weeks over due. I went to the hospital to get a sonogram to check the fluid level of the baby, I was still 1 cm dialated. The level was ok, so my husband and I went to Game Stop and bought a new computer game, and went to McDonalds (Healthy right, lol) and drove the 30 minutes home!
    He dropped me off at the house and went to close the store. as soon as I got inside, I went to the bathroom and when I got up, the toilet was filled with blood and there was blood running down my legs. I freaked and called the doctor and he told me to go to the hospital.
    I called me husband and he took me, I was 4 cm. My DD was born 12:23 the next afternoon!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I delivered my second daughter and the twins naturally after having two c-sections. Talk with your midwife about it. I had to be strong though they wanted me to go through another c-section, yuck.
    I was at home when I went into labor with my daughter, then I got really hungry for Cracker Barrel, so we went.. The waitress asked when I was due, I told her in a couple of weeks and my mother piped in "but she is in labor now!" It was funny. We went to the hospital right after and Alyssa was born a couple hours later.
    With the twins I was 32 weeks and was at the appointment with my midwife when she said she wanted to admit me because I was in labor. I told her I wasn't, that I had only a couple of braxton hicks. I was already dilated to 7, my water broke a few minutes later, and the midwife smiled and said you aren't going anywhere. They were born less then two hours later.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Mine's kinda boring. I was in bed and had to go to the bathroom as always! I wasn't about to get up for two little drops. SO I rolled over and when I did I heard a pop and it felt like the baby kicked my spine. I laid there for a second then went tothe bathroom and peed like i had never peed druing the last trimester! It just keep coming. I felt something thick come out, looked down: BLOOD! PANIC! Lood down again, clear. Phew. Ok, just the mucus plug. put on a pad, wake up the hubby call doc, etc. Get to hospital go right back to room. My water broke aroun 11 pm baby was here at 2:49 am. No time for epi either. Sad part, I didn't know I'd been having contracts!
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Oh, she was 2 1/2 weeks early, too. So quite the surprise since I figured I'd be late since my mom was last with all her kids.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• See, Ferdo, thats what I want. I think that WOULD be exciting. Having no idea that you're fixing to go into labor, then the next few hours, SURPRISE! Baby's here.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was at home all three times. Baby one and two I woke up having contractions in the middle of the night, baby number three I started having contractions around 7 am. Baby one was 2 weeks early, baby two was six days early, baby three was on her due date.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• me... I had been having contractions ALL day, but they were a constant 5-7 minutes apart. i had my weekly appointment that morning and i was only 2 cm and 30%.... At around 8 I got into a warm shower because I felt dirty. not even 5 minutes after I got in the shower I called my husband in to time my contrations. i was having them between 2 minutes and 30 seconds apart! I went to the hospital and i was 5 almost 6. I had my son at 1:58am =) it was easy, all natural
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Just to add, babies 2 and 3 were very short labours- so it really was 'surprise! now you have a baby!' Dd 1 was 4.5 hours of labour (I was only at the hospital for an hour when she was born) and dd 2 was 3 hours of labour (again only at the hospital for an hour.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2008