Have you ever thought about selling your eggs?

Could you do it?

Asked by Indyk at 1:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• I have thought about it. :)

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I read into it a bit on the internet. It's actually a more drawn out, involved, and possibly painful process than I had thought. So, no.

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• apparently its not painful...just a little uncomfortable. the one thing that i thought of that swayed my vote to no was that what if somehow one of those people my donated eggs created meets one of my kids, they fall in love and then find out on the premarital blood test that they're related...sounds like a long shot but it could happen

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The amount of Medical Procedures and multiple drugs involved and the toll it takes on your body is tremendous. I know from experience. I did IVF from beginning to end twice and it is not a simple task. That is actually the hardest part of IVF. Once the eggs are retrieved all the rest is a breeze. I probably had over 100+ injections of various drugs. The needles range in size from small (the most painful actually) to huge. So this is not something to go into lightly. But if you do choose to do it I commend you but know in advance what is required and what to expect. I personally would not do it just for money.

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Also there is always a possibility of over stimulation of your ovaries from the drugs. Which I had the first time and my Ovaries swelled to the size of small grapefruits and I literally could not sit down for 2-3 days.You have to have injections in your stomach and backside/hip daily so you'll need someone to administer them for you. Upon the day of egg retrieval, you will be given an IV and anesthesia to put you out. This is all not a walk in the park and requires a lot of work and determination. Thank God after all my effort I did get Pregnant and had a healthy child. I would only do it again to have a child for myself.

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I personally don't think I could. It sounds too painful for me.

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Not at all...

Answer by MTM at 1:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Never.

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....Anonymous. (If you feel so strongly, show yourself.) To quote you "Do Not judge lest ye be judged!"

Comment by Indyk (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• While it is tempting to sell eggs to earn money, this is something hugely immoral. 

The procedure does violence to human dignity and the marriage act: a man and woman are treated as "raw material," as mere sources of sperm and egg which are manipulated by a technician to cause the sperm to fertilize the egg.  The marriage act is eliminated, and children are not conceived in an act of love, but are conceived by an act of entitlement.  Once the children are engendered through this technical process they are subjected to "quality control," those found "defective" are eliminated.  Sure, a little baby may ultimately be born because of this procedure, but many other lives are usually snuffed out in the process.

Donation of eggs also deliberately deprives the children conceived of awareness of his or her own lineage and possible inherited health problems.

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 2:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010