Why am I not allowed to post something in one of my groups?

I tried posting something in one of my groups and then I got this pink message sign saying I didn't have permission to post to that group!

I am a member of this group so how can I be banned like this?

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Are you sure you're still a member of that group? I would contact the group owner and/or admins to find out what's going on.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• when i go to the group it says i am a member
    togo90210

Comment by togo90210 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You might be trying to post in a forum that's set to "admin only". This means the group owner and any admins can post there, but no one else can.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That would make sense
    togo90210

Comment by togo90210 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• How do I become a member of a group??
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 1:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Kay AZ first find a group you would like to join. A great place to start id the Active list or group finder under the groups tab. Then go to the group and click the orange button. it will say join this group and you can just join. Make sure you read the next page and join it. Or it will say apply to this group, make sure to read the next page and click apply. Someone will get back to you about your application , hopefully in a couple of days.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• OP I am guessing it is an admin issue though occasionally the groups glitch. Lately I have seen groups asking people to sign up for CM before they can post even when they are signed in as members already. If it is a post that you should have access to and it keeps happening send a contact us report from the bottom of the page. Give them the address of the post and tell as much as you can about what you were doing when you got that message. GL
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• have u posted on there bfore..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 4:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would PM the GO to let her know what happened, ask why.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 7:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010