My son gets frusterated so easily...

If he can't figure out something right away he throws a big fit and throws his head back, to the point he throws it on the ground .... I'm scared he is really going to hurt himself... what can I do to stop this?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is part of the learning process. The best you can do is to watch for signs of frustration and try to help him thru this.

He is at the age where he knows what he wants but may not be able to verbalize or act upon it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yea...when my DS gets frustrated I take him by the hands and look at him and say, "it's ok mommy will help you..we can do this together." He does not do it allot because I think he has learned to ask me before he gets to that point...just help him feel capable yet help him...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Exactly what Jadenmom07 said.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My daughter does the same thing. I usally talk her threw it and help her calm down. I totally agree with Jademom.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i agree with the other moms..but watch for signs tho to make sure its just frustration..how good is his speech?
    if your instincts say something isnt right..talk to your pedi..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 4:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010