Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My EBT case worker!

Oh my gosh, she is so horrible! So I called her TWO DAYS ago to renew my food stamps (the letter says I can do it over the phone!) and she never called back. So I called her today and she is just so rude! I tell her that I need to renew them over the phone and she goes "well I can't do it today, I haven't even had lunch" which I can totally understand but the WAY she said it was so snotty! So I say, how about tomorrow? And she says "I don't have to work tomorrow" again, SNOTTY. So THEN I say, what about monday? "You could come in then, yeah. And bring blah blah blah". Seriously? Did she forget in two seconds that I wanted to do it over the phone?! The whole time I'm sitting there trying to figure out when its BEST FOR HER, why couldn't SHE come up with a date? Every time I suggested something she was so rude like I was ruining her whole life! And she's always like that! I wish wish WISH I could get a new case worker (cont)

 
an-apple-a-day

Asked by an-apple-a-day at 1:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 19 (6,995 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • I am a FS caseworker. If you feel that her attitude towards you was that bad, then you need to report her to her supervisor. They don't know how she acts unless you let them know. We deal with rude people EVERY SINGLE DAY. We get yelled at for anything and everything!! I am not sticking up for her in any way, but maybe she was having a bad day, just got yelled at by someone else... who knows. Not all of us are rude like that. We have rules we have to follow just like you do. We dont feel like we have power over anyone! We are there to help and 99% of us love our jobs - it's the other 1% that make us look bad.
    jdlane1901

    Answer by jdlane1901 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • they have a complaint line. i would make myself heard.
    jennifer588

    Answer by jennifer588 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • These case workers do that because they feel like they have the power over people.. I wish i could smack them
    noel1979

    Answer by noel1979 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • My friend had that problem but I never have. Try killing her with kindness...can you imagine how many people she deals with everyday that are rude to her?
    BluDog

    Answer by BluDog at 1:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • That's government for you.
    itsmesteph11

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • (cont) but if I do, it'll take them MONTHS to get to me like it did the last time I switched. UHG!
    an-apple-a-day

    Comment by an-apple-a-day (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • our case worker was like that I am not to do them over the phone so she told me to have hubby call , so he does an she said i refused hubby was ticked off so he called the county commissioner an ever since then she has been nice as can be. an yes her boss alos got in trob cause she didnt return our calls about the case worker.
    davecswife

    Answer by davecswife at 1:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • when your getting handouts unfortunately they think that they have a right to be rude to you since they are the ones doing you thefavor. keep in mind these people are OVERWORKED and UNDERPAID by a vast amount.
    mrs.pyle

    Answer by mrs.pyle at 1:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • Call the supervisor, and make certain you have documented everything regarding your conversations with this individual.
    Request a new case worker, and also, very politely ask if someone else can help you now. If you show any anger or frustration at all, they have the legal right to refuse to help you. It's posted on big signs in all their offices.
    6girlsrock

    Answer by 6girlsrock at 1:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

  • PS - You can request a new caseworker also. It's done all the time :)
    jdlane1901

    Answer by jdlane1901 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN