How can I help my daughter get started on potty training?

She used her potty once and wont use it again? she likes to sit on it but with hwer diaper on. I have tried taking her diaper off and having her sit there but she wont do it.

army_wife0226

Asked by army_wife0226 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• dont bother with pull ups!i think they are such a waste stright to big girl undies and let her sit when they get wet, this sounds cruel but they dont like that feeling and catch on, my dd isnt totally trained but i just started this and we've made more progress then prior attempts
    juansmommy

Answer by juansmommy at 2:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• she has panties and I have her use them but she wont go on her potty she just wets her panties. She screams her lung outs everytime I try to get her to sit in her potty.
    army_wife0226

Comment by army_wife0226 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Wait for a week when you can dedicate time to it and allow her to either go naked or with panties around the house all day. Take her to potty about every half hour. Limit outings and hope for the best. :)
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 6:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• be firm and talk to her bout potty trainin and keep puttin her on there create a reward system too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2010