how do u stop a train wreck waiting to happen

My best friend has been txting a guy unapropriet messages and she has a live in boyfriend. Here is a little back ground my friend has a boy who has sever mental problems, we think he may hav schizphiana (miss spelled). She has been living with this man for five years. My friend has no idea I know the messages she has been sending the other guy. Me and the guy she has been sending messages to are good friends.The guy claims he doesnt want her that way and I have told him to stop auging her on then. I know her and her boyfriends realtionship has been rocky because her boy, her mother living with them, and money being tight. Now she proclaiming she leaving him because some aurguement they had over the internet being shut off. I know the real reason she is. This is going be way hard on her boy because he doesnt do well with change. What do i say or do I let things take its course and say nothing at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• There's really not a lot you can do unfortunately. Just be there emotionally for her because it sounds like she's going to have a hard time of it (well, sound like she already is). I wouldn't say much unless she asks for your advice.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• ditto on lisa
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• it is not your train
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Truthfully to be on the safe side I wouldn't say anything UNLESS she asks your opinion because if you do then she might think your being a b*itch. But definetly if she asks you ur opinion then you tell her the truth on how u really feel...good luck!
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 1:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Stand out of the way and when the train crashes make sure she and the boy are okay..you can't stop it from crashing
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ahh, this would be MY problem. I DON'T keep out of it. *lightbulb!!* I would tell her I know about the messages because I am good friends with the other guy, and that I know what she's up to, and that it's not a good idea. That it's gonna muck up her kid. But, then I'd lose her friendship. Ergo, my problem. I don't keep myself out of things. I try to help too much.
    Maybe you should just stay out of it. Like everyone else said. Because no matter how much you want to help, she will do what she wants anyway. And even if you tell her this other guy doesn't want her like she thinks he does, she won't believe you. So, the train will inevitably wreck. And it will be ugly, and you will be in the middle of it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010