My 14 year old daughter is pregnant, and im trying to be supportive... her mom did not have a car to take her to her doctors appoint ment.. when I offered to take her she replied I want my mother to take me...... Thats just leaves me in the dark with the baby I feel

angielinan

Asked by angielinan at 1:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Hard as it is, you have the perfect opportunity to model for your SD how adults are supposed to behave. Be the bigger woman, bite your tongue, plaster on a smile, and put up with the bio mom. This is important not only for the health of your SD, but for her unborn as well... Shove the emotions aside, and do what has to be done momma- it's a long hard road, and she needs all if the support she can get. I remember being 15 and pregnant, and the last thing she needs is to have everyone around her fighting. Its scary enough all on its own.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yea, I agree, offer to drive them both there.
    In this situation you're going to need to get over your feelings towards the mother. You're supporting your step-daughter, not the mother, so you don't have to be anything but civil towards her. It is important to get her to the doctors and have her checked out, which means following her wishes to have her mother along. Be the bigger person and just do this for your stepdaughter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• She needs to go to this appointment and she wants her mother to be with her, which is understandable. When your daughter gets married she's going to want both of you there, even though you can't stand one another. I'm not trying to bash, just offering a little advice. Do what's right for her. Surely you can bite your tongue for an hour or so. You have something in common --you both love your daughter. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• maybe offer to drive them both.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• k u sd your daughter , then said her mother, is this ur step daughter?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Your daughter?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• She is my step daughter........ im sorry for the mistake... I would offer to drive them both but i cant stand her mother
    angielinan

Comment by angielinan (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'd leave it up to her bio-mom then since thats what she really wants. One less thing for you
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• does your sd live w/you guys? if she does then id say try to convince her to take her , like other ppl sd try to convince both of them, now if she dont live w/u , then dont worry about it, let her mother be the one to worry , its only going to stress u out.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know you might not be able to stand her bio mom, but I think at this point, the best way to show support is to put aside your differences with her bio mom and offer to take them both to the first appointment. After that, perhaps you can set it up with her mom or her father that you can take her to every other appointment and her mom can find a way to take her to the ones in between.

Or for special appointments like ultra sounds, she may want you both to be there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010