Will you cash your check or send it back to Uncle Sam?

For all the people who hate Obama's tax plan, I want to know once he gets elected and your family receives the check, will you cash it? I see all these angry people in McCain's political rallies who obviously make under the $250,000/year griping over Obama's plan. I want to know if you will be mailing the check back to Uncle Sam? After all, if you cashed it wouldn't you now "participating in the system", or "receiving handouts", or "welfare?" Whoops...

Just curious...

akhlass

Asked by akhlass at 9:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Talk about a "snarky" question. I wouldn't want to give a dime to an Obama run presidency. I plan on taking the check, and putting into the foreign markets. :) Then I plan on signing up for any of his wonderful government assistance programs that I qualify for, which will be quite a few since he is just so darn generous. His economic plan is going to fail anyways, but I am happy to help it along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• What check are you referring to? Do you mean my annual tax return? If we get money back, then of course not. That's my money I've paid in and I've earned it.

If you're talking about the proposed second stimulus package, I can only hope our lawmakers are smart enough not to pass it. If they do, I'm going to do the same thing I did--set that money in my savings account, and be frustrated knowing that people who haven't paid in a single dime this last year are going to be taking a share of the money that the rest of us worked so hard to earn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes, I will take the check, just like Corporate would take the money McCain wants to give them. The only difference is I will use mine in my business while the wealthy use theirs for fancy parties and pedicures and then flaunt it on TV.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• and be frustrated knowing that people who haven't paid in a single dime this last year are going to be taking a share of the money that the rest of us worked so hard to earn.

If you didn't pay taxes and filed income tax then you son't get a check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm an Obama supporter and I'll ask you the same question right back. Remember those checks we all got from Bush about a year or so ago? Hmmmmm wasn't that socialism too??? And I'll just bet you went out and spent that puppy pronto. Well -- guess what -- my hubby and I made too much to get one - so you want to talk about redistribution of wealth in this country?? It's already happened people, under this wonderful (sarcasm intended) REPUBLICAN government.

Now - I support paying my share when it's being used to better this country, as I strongly believe Obama/Biden will do, but NOT when it's being wasted by the day on this pointless war in Iraq that was based on LIES and on Wall St. bailouts caused by republican greed and deregulation. If you are better off now than you were 4 years ago and think the country's better off too, vote McCain - if not, vote Obama! It's as simple as that.
    carolintexas

Answer by carolintexas at 9:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Nothings going to happen until he's elected! If he's elected there is nothing that i can do about it and i'd spend it because we all have to pay bills too! I may not be voting for him but i don't hate the man. He's got some good plans just as McCain does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• If you didn't pay taxes and filed income tax then you son't get a check.

Not according to the new plan the Dems are proposing. They want it to go to everyone, and have proposed additional spending measures not included in the first one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Of course people are going to use the money!! Honestly, if people are getting free money, do you see them sending it back? Come on, no matter how much you hate Obama, everybody likes money, especially when it comes to you for free. I know if they in fact do have a second stimulus package than we are going to do the same thing that we did last year, put it in an account for our son.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have been in business for myself for most of my working career and it is hard to come up with over 250 thousand taxible income. If your in business their are a lot of right offs. Usually you can do better than if you work for someone if you have a good accountant. My brother owns 2 car washes, 22 ATM machines and he will still benefit from the tax plan. Yes, I will and can use the tax money. Even with the business right off, I have paid plenty over the years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Carolintexas...we have a DEMOCRAT run Senate and Congress...the only Republican with any power is the President. So what percentage of the stimulus plan was because of the Democrats and of the Republicans. Lol, I love how quickly Democrats forget how much they have contributed to our current economic state. When did things start getting really bad, oh yeah the past 2 years!!!!! Remember how our government works, its not a dictatorship. The President's power is balanced out by the Senate and Congress. So go ahead, keep thinking Obama is going to make it all better, when we go from recession to depression, it will be the "rich" republicans that are laughing their way to the Caribbean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2008