What would u do if your SO found out he had another kid 4 yrs. later?

KayAZ

Asked by KayAZ at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• wait for him to absorb and then be there to support him
    lots of listening with no answers from me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• well my husband would have some serious explaining to do since we have been together longer than that, but assuming he and I werent together when the child was conceived i would encourage him to do the right thing and be a great dad just like he is to our children. I would not be angry if he honestly didnt know and it didnt mean that he had cheated on me.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ifit was within the timeframe we were together, id kill my so, not literally but leave him, now b4 us? Id be there for him.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I already went through something similar. I found out we had a stepson and he was 18 months old. He's mother never told my husband about her being pregnant. She finally came out when she wanted child support and lied saying he up and left her. My husband would never do that he's a very good honorable man. Now the kid is going on 4. I stuck by him since it's not his fault he didn't know and he never cheated on me. That baby was conceived months before we met.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You mean he fathered it before we met, correct?
    I'd be pretty freaked out honestly. I hate change and I don't want circumstances beyond my control ruining my happy little bubble.
    In the long run I'd have to support him in being a dad to the new child because I know he'd never abandon it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• guessing he's not in the picture or he's REEALLLYY not paying attn is he? lol

I'd just let him absorb it and give him some time
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• A year or so ago I started having these dreams about a woman showing up at our door with a child and saying this was my SOs child. I told him about it and he (knowing I have "visions") had quite a few questions for me. From what I described to him the woman could easily have been his ex. Although they had split up, they were still sleeping together when he moved out here and the child in my dream (at the time) was about 6 or so, which would have put her in the right age range. We talked about the possibility and we both understand that there is one, but as of yet, there has been no contact from her. If it were to turn out he has a child, I would gladly support him, and take her in if needed... His child is my child, blood or not.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• 4 years later from what?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well my hubs was done with his 'ex' 5 yr before we met, and we have been together 21 years now. So if any child would have turned up 4 years after we met or married we would have handled it together, gotten dna proof the child was his (the 'ex' was a cheating slut) and we would have included the child in our family.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Be supportive.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010