Gah!

Ok, so I have a 7 yr old & a 5yr old in school, and a 4yr old & a 2yr old at home. My biggest, most annoying, frustrating, down right poopy problem is that I can not find a way to make it clear to the little ones that somethings are not ment to be played with. I often find myself in the bathroom chewin on my nails trying to figure out how I can make it better when the bigger kids come home to find that something of theirs is destroyed. I dont feel that spanking or yelling (obviously) is going to help. I've tried talking to them, telling them that it makes the big kids sad, upset, not want to play with them, all kinds of stuff. My hubby leaves me to mind the home. How can I when IDK what to do? Help!

KaraokeRides

Asked by KaraokeRides at 1:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• We used clasp locks at the top of our big kids doors. If big kids don't put their stuff up, it is fair game.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Is there a way to keep the littler ones out of the bigger kid's stuff like close the room off using a baby latch on the door. That may help as well as telling your older children to not leave stuff lying around or their siblings will be into it and may destroy it. I have a 4 yo niece who puts the stuff she doesn't want my 2 yo into up away from her when she is at my house and when we go to her house she explains to her cousin that this is not hers to play with. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ya, I never thought of that. But heres the kicker, my 4yr old, just, gets into stuff, I mean, he gets in trouble, but its like he doesnt care? Any ideas on how to help that? O, and thanks!
    KaraokeRides

Comment by KaraokeRides (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Make sure your 4 year old is getting enough one on one time with you and DH.. Sometimes they go for the negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention. And I agree that the older kids stuff should be put out of reach or under lock. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010