Homework - Back To College :(

I'm a single hardworking mother who just started college again. If any of you ladies know this answer please help me out. If it is off memory, please tell me just so I know. Thank you....

What are the parts of an essay and their functions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in

• Introduction -opens the essay - states the idea of the essay - a short paragraph usually 3 sentences long

Body- main part of the essay-each paragraph is 5-7 sentences long- if it's an argument essay, it's2-3 paragraphs stating your opinion and the reasons for it.

Conclusion-end of the essay- usually says about the same thing as the opening except in different words- usually 3 sentences
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Make sure to include a thesis statement in your first paragraph.. Your thesis is very important when writing college level essays because it explains to the reader what your purpose of the paper is. Good luck!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 2:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Also, for the conclusion, most of my professors HATE when you simply restate the first paragraph. Your closing arguments should reiterate your point, but it should do so in a way that feeds off the points you have made throughout your essay
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 2:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

Next question in
Extortion?

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
do u have the anwer to my? adult content